Beetroot salad with walnuts
- • 250 g of raw or cooked beetroot
- • 150 g baby lettuce
- • 1 small white onion
- • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- • 8 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil
- • ½ tsp salt
- • ½ tsp sugar
- • ½ tsp chopped chives
- • 50 g walnuts
- When using raw beetroot: Wash, brush and then cook for about 30 minutes until tender.
- (be careful not to puncture into the beet as it will "bleed" out its natural juice & flavour!)
- Drain, and allow to cool. Trim, peel and slice.
- 1. Wash, wash and dry the lettuce. Peel the onion and slice into thin rings. Mix the beetroots and onion rings in a bowl.
- 2. Put 2 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil, wine vinegar, salt and sugar and marinate the beetroot mixture for 30 minutes stir it once or twice to mix gently.
- 3. If necessary chop the baby lettuce. Serve over the salad with the chopped walnuts and chives.
Per person (approx values)
- 294 kcal (1.234 kJ), 3 g protein, 29 g fat, 5 g carbohydrates (0.5 g)
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/