Crispy French bean and tomato salad
- • 4 eggs
- • 200 g string or French green beans
- • 4 ripe tomatoes
- • 4 cloves of garlic
- • 8 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Grown Rapeseed Oil
- • 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- • 1/2 tsp mustard
- • 1/2 bunch of basil
- • 50 g of shaved parmesan cheese
- • Ground black pepper
- 1. Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, chill, peel and halve.
- 2. Wash the beans and tomatoes. Trim and boil the beans in boiling salt water about 8 minutes until still crisp and then plunge into cold water to stop them cooking further and to ensure that t=hey stay crisp. Slice the tomatoes, spread them in four salad serving bowls.
- 3. Peel the garlic cloves and thinly slice. Mix with the Collar of Gold, Irish Grown Rapeseed Oil wine vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard.
- 4. Peel the basil leaves and place them with the eggs and all of the salad ingredients in the bowls, sprinkle with the parmesan shavings and sprinkle the dressing over the salad.
Per person (approximate values)
- 564 kcal (2,361 kJ), 25 g of protein, 50 g of fat, 5 g of carbohydrates (0.5 g)
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/