Fish & chips (With salmon!)
- potato chips
- • 375 ml Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil
- • 1.2 kg of potatoes
- • c 1/4 tsp paprika
- • Salt pepper
- salmon pieces
- • 4 salmon fillets of c. 125 g each
- • 6 - 8 tbsp flour
- • 1 - 2 eggs
- • Approx. 250 g oatmeal or cornflakes
- • 2 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil
- • 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- • salt
- 1. Heat the Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil oil for the potato chips in a large pan.
- 2. Peel the potatoes, wash them and then cut them into chips of the similar size.
- 3. Cut the salmon fillets into 2 cm thick pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Prepare three plates for the fish coating: in the first plate put the flour, in the second the whisked egg and in the third the oatmeal or cornflakes.
- 5. Place the potato chips in the pan (it is best to prepare smaller amounts in several steps) and fry for 15 minutes.
- 6. In the meantime, cook the salmon pieces and heat the Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil in a pan. Put the salmon pieces in the hot oil and turn them over half way during cooking
- Fry until golden brown.
- 7. Drain cooked potato chips on a kitchen paper towel and season in a bowl with paprika powder, salt and pepper.
- 8. Serve the salmon pieces together with the potato chips and mayonnaise.
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/