Home made Mayonnaise
There is simply nothing better than home made mayonnaise!
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 500 ml Collar of Gold,Irish Rapeseed Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ lemon
- sea salt
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl.- (You can use a hand whisk or an electric beater with the whisk or balloon attachment; or a food processor) make sure that the size of the appliance is appropriate to the volume of eggs that you are whisking: i.e. that whisk is able to 'do its job!
- Add the mustard and whisk together further.
- Gradually start to add about half the oil, very slowly at first (you should SLOWLY trickle the oil onto your mixture) and whisk continuously for around 3 to 5 minutes, or until it is thickened.
- Once you’ve added about half the oil, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and continue to whisk – this will soften the mixture slightly and helps to give it a paler colour.
- Continue to slowly add the remaining oil whilst whisking continuously.
- Season with a pinch of salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little more vinegar, if needed to loosen the consistency.
- Store in a clean and sterilised jar in the fridge for up to one week.
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/