Kebabs with Flat Pitta
2 tbsp Collar of Gold
600g pork fillet, or, chicken/turkey breast cut into chunks
1 tsp smoked paprika powder
1 tsp dried oregano flakes
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
4 pitta breads. 1 red onion, finely sliced
6cm piece cucumber. Halved lengthways and sliced
Handful fresh mint leaves. 1 small tub natural yogurt
8 bamboo skewers
(use metal skewers if cooking on a BBQ)
- Cut lemon in half. Squeeze one half into a bowl & cut the other into wedges.
- Put the Collar of Gold, paprika, oregano, chilli and lemon juice into a medium bowl and mix well. Add the meat chunks, toss well and place in the fridge to marinate.
- If using bamboo skewers, place them in water to soak to prevent burning under the grill.
- When you are ready, heat the grill or BBQ to high.
Thread the meats onto the skewers and cook on the grill/BBQ, turning to avoid scorching until cooked.
- Warm the pittas and serve on plates with onion, cucumber and mint leaves. Place skewers on top with the yoghurt mix and a squeeze of lemon.