Lemon Drizzle Cake
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 2 untreated lemons (if not available, give the lemons a wash under cold running water)
- 150 ml Collar of Gold , Irish Rapeseed Oil
- 175 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 150 g sieved icing sugar
- half the juice from the lemons
- Using a zester, peel the lemon rind and reserve. Squeeze the juice from both lemons and reserve.
- Place the Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice in a bowl and combine with a kitchen mixer.
- Add the sieved flour, baking powder, milk and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a greased or lined loaf tin and bake at 180 ° C for 40-45 minutes until light brown.
- If the cake becomes too dark, cover with aluminum foil or slightly reduce the heat.
- For the icing glaze, pour the sieved icing sugar and the remaining lemon juice into a bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Let the cake cool a little, remove from the loaf tin.
- Using a skewer, make 10-15 insertions into the cake and, using a spoon, pour the juice/icing sugar mixture over the cake whilst it is still warm.
- Allow to cool and serve when cold.
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/