Pan Fried Sirloin Steak
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp Collar of Gold rapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 spring of thyme
- 1) Remove steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking so they are close to room temperature.
- 2) Season the steaks on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper.
- 3) Add the Collar of Gold rapeseed oil to the pan and increase the heat until the oil is simmering, then add both steaks to the pan.
- 4) Lay the steaks in the pan,place the garlic and thyme in at the sides and spoon the juices over the steaks.
- 5) Turn the steaks every 30 secs to 1 min to obtain a perfect sear on both sides.
- 6) A rare steak will take on average 3 mins per side, medium requires 4-5 mins and well done can take 7-8 mins.
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/