Golden roasted potatoes
- 1.8kg potatoes. e.g. Roosters or Maris Piper
- 100ml Collar of Gold Rapeseed Oil p
- 1) Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
- 2) Peel and cut the potatoes in half.
- 3) Heat a large roasting tin with the Collar of Gold Rapeseed Oil in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 4) Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- 5) Strain the potatoes and return to reduced heat with the lid removed to steam dry for about 10minutes.
- 6) Replace the lid and roughly shake the potatoes in the pan to add texture.
- 7) Add the potatoes to the hot roasting tin (be careful of hot splashes!) and lightly turn in the hot oil to coat them. Add 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary for seasoning.
- 8) Return to the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/