Stuffed peppers with tomato rice and mince
- 2 each yellow, green and red peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 6 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil
- 175 grams of rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp chopped tomato
- 200 g lean Irish minced beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- small bunch of parsley
- 200 ml tomato puree
- Wash the peppers well, cut off the top portion. Remove the seeds and white centres..
- For the tomato rice, cut the tomatoes into small pieces. Peel the onion and garlic, and finely dice. Fry in 3 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil
- Add the chopped tomatoes, let them cook briefly then season with sugar, paprika, salt. Add the tomato puree and stir.
- Add the rice, pour in the vegetable stock, mix and simmer for 15 minutes so as the rice remains under cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp Collar of Gold, Irish Rapeseed Oil in a heavy pan and sauté the mince beef. Add the rice and tomato mixture and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and add the chopped parsley
- Using a spoon, carefully fill the peppers with the mixture and cook in a pre-heated oven at 200 ° C for 20 minutes.
Per person (approximate values)
- 471 kcal (1972 kJ), 20.5 g protein, 22.3 g fat, 46.5 g carbohydrates (3.9 g)
Collar of Gold Irish Rapeseed Oil https://collarofgold.ie/